Star Vacation Club is a rip-off!!!

Denver, Colorado 2 comments

We went to a "promotional seminar" where everything sounded wonderful. They can save you thousands of dollars on vacation packages.

We signed up. Once we had finished signing everything, we were then told that it takes about a week to get everything processed...however, in the fine print, you only have 3 days to cancel the contract...go figure, huh?

Well, when we got home and I looked over everything, we decided that it was too risky to wait the week, so, we sent back all of our materials that they gave us along with the cancellation letter the very next day. We sent it certified mail, return receipt just like you are supposed to do.

Now, we are getting calls from a collection service and they are telling us that it was not a valid cancellation and that we owe them over $4,000.00.

Be very careful if you ever sign up with them!!!!

Review about: Discount Travel.

Comments

Kirkheaton, England, United Kingdom #45410

The only thing that I know of is to hold on to all your documentation. Copies of all your reports so that you can dispute anything that is added to your credit report. Such a shame that you have to go through all that because a company doesn't do the right thing!!

Mount Vernon, Maine, United States #41345

I too was a victim of Star Vacation Club.They didn't even give me the membership card at signing, saying it would take a week to process and that I couldn't use the services until I got the card.

When I realized I'd been lied to it was too late.

I reported them to the BBB, FTC, and Attorney General and they can't stop them!What can be done???